Reach more clients, land profitable work, and maintain your sanity
McLaughlin outlines how three mega-trends—buyer-designed sales processes, co-invention of services, and client ownership of the solution—are transforming how clients evaluate potential service firms and buy professional services. Winning the Professional Services Sale addresses these market realities by offering new rules and strategies for selling professional services to any client.
Michael McLaughlin is a gifted rainmaker who has given us the final word on how to win complex sales. This immensely practical book is rich in the detailed how-to that will enable readers to connect with clients and consistently gain their commitment to mission-critical programs and projects.”
Andrew Sobel, author of All for One and Clients for Life.
Whether you’re a sales veteran or new to the profession, you’ll find everything you need to convert any sales opportunity into a profitable sale—without wasting time or losing your mind.
This book clears away decades of confusion and sales mumbo-jumbo, simplifying the process into three logical steps: Connect, Collaborate, and Commit.
Dr.Tom Sant, Author of Persuasive Business Proposals.
The book focuses on every element of the professional services sales process including:
- The essential activities you must complete before you meet with a prospective client…and those you shouldn’t bother with.
- Two key strategies to ensure you are addressing the right client issue.
- How to create a winning sales strategy using five simple components.
- When to agree to write a sales proposal and what it must include.
- Why most sales presentations fall flat and how to avoid that fate.
- When you should begin your sales negotiation and how to close every sale quickly, amicably, and profitably.
- How to use the hard work you’ve done in the sales process to build enduring client relationships.
This is a timely book that makes a compelling case for taking a much more systematic approach to selling professional services, especially in the current economic climate.
Fiona Czerniawska, coauthor of Business Consulting and cofounder of SourceforConsulting.com
Whether you sell services or manage a team that sells, Winning the Professional Services Sale is a must-read book. Read it from start to finish, or just open to any chapter, and you’re sure to find insights that will tip the scales toward your offering in any sales effort.
Jeffrey Fox, best selling author of Rain: What a Paperboy Learned About Business.
The author has led hundreds of complex service sales efforts in more than twenty years as a management consultant. The perspectives in the book come from those experiences, especially from clients. This book also contains the collective ideas, wisdom, and insights of the thousands of professionals McLaughlin has met and worked with since the publication of his previous book, Guerrilla Marketing for Consultants.
Ford Harding, author of Rain Making and Creating Rainmakers.